Thread poster: Mariana Lucia Sammarco

Mariana Lucia Sammarco  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 09:17
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 11, 2010

Hello everybody,

I use PayPal to receive payments from my international clients, and once a month I ask PayPal to issue and send a check to me, which I cash in US dollars or pesos in an Argentinian bank.

Some time ago there used to be another way to withdraw money from my PayPal account. It was called Xoom and what I did was sending my PayPal funds to my Xoom account, which then were sent directly to an Argentinian bank and I could get the payment instantly in US dollars or pesos. This was very fast and safe because I didn't have to wait for the check to be issued and mailed (around 20 days). I used to do everything within 2 hours, including my visit to the bank!

This method does not work anymore. Does anybody know any other alternative? I want to receive my payments in US dollars without having PayPal issuing and mailing me the check, and me cashing it at the bank.

Thank you!

MLS

Direct link Reply with quote

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:17
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
Depending on the country Aug 11, 2010

Check International transactions on PayPal, and select a country to see the types of transaction allowed.

In the case of Argentina:
Recipients can withdraw money you send using one of the following options:

Credit, debit, or prepaid card
Check
US bank account

It is obvious they will not directly transfer money to a bank account in Argentina. I would choose transfer to a credit card, and then withdraw the money from the card. I guess it all has to do with money laundering regulations in the US.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PayPal Withdrawals in Argentina

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search