Thread poster: Joel Pina Diaz
Joel Pina Diaz
Joel Pina Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 14:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 12, 2010

I was about to decline on this point but every time, I see the job posting and the information has similarity, again I get little concern. Is there any way to give our job a value instead of a service tag? Several pseudo outsources or let say it, none ethical individuals launch job offers asking excellence, fast delivery, certification, term assurance, CAT technology, edition and many other points a good translation may have, then, when money matters arise we find the following: 30, 45 and even... See more
I was about to decline on this point but every time, I see the job posting and the information has similarity, again I get little concern. Is there any way to give our job a value instead of a service tag? Several pseudo outsources or let say it, none ethical individuals launch job offers asking excellence, fast delivery, certification, term assurance, CAT technology, edition and many other points a good translation may have, then, when money matters arise we find the following: 30, 45 and even more days after delivery or invoice (practice we should change), since most of us are NOT corporations and manage thousands of dollars. Why you need 30 days or even more days to pay small amounts? Does this point open a wide amount of questions? Some of these people have the nerve to remark on the best (low, cheaper, no according to quality, etc) tariff… So, do we have to accept these conditions? I know world runs that way… But if we respect and value our job, we can stop this none sense policies invented and accepted unfortunately for who knows, little steps on job posting frames may help us a lot. Do you thing this may affect our business?Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

value vs service tag

Translation news

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »