Helene1974  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:39
Member (2006)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Sep 14, 2010

Hello to all

This may already be out there somewhere, but I can not find it.

In the US, is there a law that pertains to late fees/interest added to an amount due on an invoice? If so, is there a cap on the interest you can charge, and is the client required to pay this late fee?

Direct link Reply with quote

Lingua.Franca  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:39
German to English
+ ...
This should help: Sep 14, 2010

http://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/77489-had_to_wait_3_months_for_payment_how_can_i_calculate_surcharge_for_late_payment.html

I am in the same situation right now, having waited for more than three months for payment. ..

Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:39
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not sure, but... Sep 14, 2010

I'm not sure about this, but from billing practices I have seen, I think you may be required to explain up front that late fees and/or interest will be charged and how much they are, and depending on where you are located, there may be legal limits involved.

Then again, your biggest problem may be collecting anything at all.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Late fee/interest on invoices

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search