Thread poster: Louise Etheridge

Louise Etheridge
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:14
French to English
+ ...
Sep 22, 2010

Hi there,

I wonder if someone could give me an idea of the going rate per word for translations in euros (Europe-based translation agencies). I've worked with a couple of French agencies so far and they seem to pay pretty decent rates. I'm not so sure I could approach other agencies in Europe at the same rate. When I asked a family member what they charge in euros, I was a bit surprised to find it was quite a bit lower than my sterling rate, so I thought a few alternative views could come in handy.

Please note I'm translating from French, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese into English. I would imagine the French-based agencies possibly pay a bit more than Spanish, Italian and Portuguese ones, but I'm really rather unsure.

I'd be really grateful for any ideas about reasonable translation and proofing rates in euros.

Many thanks

Lilly

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation/Proofing Rates in Euros

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search