How to pay via PayPal when I can't use PayPal?
Thread poster: Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:40
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Feb 6, 2004

G'day

I need to pay the domainname company NameCrave.com (located in India) using PayPal.

But because I'm South African, I can't use PayPal to send money. Is there any way that I can somehow get PayPal to transfer the money even though I'm not registered with PayPal?

Or do you have any other suggestions? They only accept PayPal and they don't answer their helpdesk e-mails.

My original registrar (which accepted credit card payments) was sold t
... See more
G'day

I need to pay the domainname company NameCrave.com (located in India) using PayPal.

But because I'm South African, I can't use PayPal to send money. Is there any way that I can somehow get PayPal to transfer the money even though I'm not registered with PayPal?

Or do you have any other suggestions? They only accept PayPal and they don't answer their helpdesk e-mails.

My original registrar (which accepted credit card payments) was sold to NameCrave.com, apparently.

[Edited at 2004-02-06 07:33]
Collapse

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 12:40
English to German
+ ...
solutions Feb 9, 2004

Samuel Murray-Smit wrote:

G'day

My original registrar (which accepted credit card payments) was sold to NameCrave.com, apparently.

[Edited at 2004-02-06 07:33]
you can pay via moneybookers, they operate in India. Next you can also use Western Union, I have but no empirical experience in the context of Western Union´s operability in India. As far as I know paypal co-operates with all nationalized banks in India, provided the company or domain has an account with paypal and their account being with a nationalized bank, things can work.Hope that helps.

[Edited at 2004-02-09 05:07]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to pay via PayPal when I can't use PayPal?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »