Project Manager Salary
Thread poster: Anna Fangrath

Anna Fangrath  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:43
Dec 14, 2010

Hi,

what is the average salary for a PM (+5 years experince, major company) in Europe?
I just would like to get an average to have an approximate number for now...

Direct link Reply with quote

Edward Vreeburg  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Europe is a big place Dec 15, 2010

A PM without any people reporting to her would be a step below inhouse Translators I guess, perhaps with some bonusses for getting really cheap freelance translators, but that's all..
It mostly depends on location, country, and project revenue...

If you are in a major city and pay 1500 euro rent to live somewhere near the office (instead of a 2 hour commute), prices for food and drink are probably much higher compared to a small place in the countryside....

So somewhere in 1800 - 2200 region (gross) per month if it was in the Netherlands I'm guessing..

Ed

Susan van den Ende  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Dutch
+ ...
5 years experience... Dec 15, 2010

... means you'd probably not be looking at a file shuffling position, nor at appreciation solely for negotiating low fees with freelancers. Edward's estimate seems ok for someone who is just starting out, but I'd expect the income to be a bit higher for someone with 5 years under her belt.

A question though, as your post is not entirely clear: is your experience in a major company, or do you want to know about salaries paid by major companies? And do you have experience as a translator, or have you already worked as a PM for 5 years?

There have been a few threads on the subject already, explaining what factors come into play. Also, check out the articles that Common Sense Advisory offers.

FarkasAndras
English to Hungarian
+ ...
"in Europe" Dec 15, 2010

A_Fangrath wrote:

what is the average salary... in Europe?

There is no point in talking about European averages. According to http://stats.oecd.org , the average wage in Germany was 3 times that of Hungary last year. I'd say there is at least a twofold difference between translation PM wages, probably more.
So, specify a country and the people who live there might be able to give you an answer that's useful to you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Project Manager Salary

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search