Fees...First round of review...Second round of review
Thread poster: eurolanguagesPt

eurolanguagesPt  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:39
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Dec 15, 2010

Hello colleagues,

I was doing research regarding review prices and noticed that in the literary world a revision costs more than a translation…is this common practice?
I’ve always charged about half of my translation fee for revisions…what do you suggest?
All tips/hints are welcome!

Happy Holiday season to all
Esperança Melo

Direct link Reply with quote

Ilze Paegle-Mkrtchyan
Local time: 23:39
English to Latvian
+ ...
??? Dec 16, 2010

You have discovered that revisions cost more? Where? Could you provide a link if possible? I have translated quite a few books and done a revision of my colleague's book but as far as I remember the proportion in terms of payments was something like 1:0,5/0,35, i. e. roughly the same as in your case. And that in Latvia where the literary translators don't earn much anyway. Well, maybe other colleagues in literature have a different experience.

eurolanguagesPt  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:39
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You have discovered that revisions cost more? Dec 16, 2010

Well, I was seeking advice...I had to respond to an agency with my rates...
The other day while I tried to find prices for these services "First round of review...Second round of review" I came across a literary site (not translation) and after typing in my information I got a much higher charge rate for the revision service than for the translation...it surprised me, so I decided to come here and check with other translators
Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fees...First round of review...Second round of review

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search