Which accounting software...?
Thread poster: wiltom
wiltom
France
Local time: 04:52
French to English
Jan 28, 2011

Hello,

I have been working as a freelance translator for nearly two years. I live and work in France, my status is that of an 'Entreprise Individuelle' otherwise known as an 'Autoentreprenuer'.

To date I have been using Excel to record my quotes, factures, dates paid, charges etc. and then editing my quotes and invoices in Word, but it is becoming a bit of a bind. I really need to be able to cross-reference quotes and invoices. I have been look into various accounting software programs, apparently designed for 'EI's, such as Ciel Autoentrepreneur (free), Sogelis, Gestan (free) and AE-Gestion. Does anyone have any experience with these programs?

I was wondering how other people went about editing their quotes and factures and generally keeping their accounts in order, (I must admit I can be a wee bit unorganised!). I know there is a function on Pro.Z but was hoping for your opinions on other software possibilities.

Thanky

Wiltom

Direct link Reply with quote

Aude Sylvain  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 04:52
English to French
+ ...
TO3000 Jan 28, 2011

Hello,

I am using TO3000, which is more a full management tool than an accounting tool per se. It allows to enter all projects/works/clients, create invoices/quotes, and generate a number of reports regarding e.g. sales figures according to different criteria, sums paid /to be paid etc.

It is not especially designed for auto entrepreneurs so it won't give you the taxes to be paid like some of the apps you mention (if I am not mistaken), but it's far more complete and I find the accounting part quite good.

It is not free, but there are often TGB offers (and it is the case currently - http://www.proz.com/tgb/457)

[Edited at 2011-01-28 20:21 GMT]

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 09:52
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
MS Accounting Jan 29, 2011

This software is a database you can manage various aspects of your small business e.g. PO, invoice, tax, financial statements, accounting, cash collecting, marketing materials.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Which accounting software...?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search