Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:47
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Feb 3, 2011

Hi fellow translators!

I've been using Paypal to receive small amounts and then transfer them to my bank account in Brazil, but I'm very frustrated because they are being charging about 7,3% from the total amount to "receive" the money from overseas. It is a big bite.

Does some of you had any recent experience with Moneybookers? I've been reading the site, but it is unclear if I can transfer the money direct to my bank account in Brazil (which is in Banco do Brasil).

I apprecite any ideas you can give me about this matter!

Heloisa

Direct link Reply with quote

Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:47
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry! Feb 3, 2011

Dear colleagues of my heart, I'm a dull, silly person, only a few posts after mine I saw that there are a lot of people talking about the same issue: moneybookers!

OK, ok, then I think it is best to stay with Paypal and accept their bites... only hope they don't bite my butt...

Have a nice day!

imatahan  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:47
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Heloísa Feb 3, 2011

They give big bites and there is a delay to receive the money of around 10 days. And you have to go to the bank and sign papers, wait more 24 hours.

Paypal deposits are regular, punctual and you have to sign no papers.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any recent experiences with Moneybookers in Brazil

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search