Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 04:14
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Feb 3, 2011

Hi fellow translators!

I've been using Paypal to receive small amounts and then transfer them to my bank account in Brazil, but I'm very frustrated because they are being charging about 7,3% from the total amount to "receive" the money from overseas. It is a big bite.

Does some of you had any recent experience with Moneybookers? I've been reading the site, but it is unclear if I can transfer the money direct to my bank account in Brazil (which is in Banco do Brasil).

I apprecite any ideas you can give me about this matter!

Heloisa

Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 04:14
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry! Feb 3, 2011

Dear colleagues of my heart, I'm a dull, silly person, only a few posts after mine I saw that there are a lot of people talking about the same issue: moneybookers!

OK, ok, then I think it is best to stay with Paypal and accept their bites... only hope they don't bite my butt...icon_smile.gif

Have a nice day!

imatahan  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 03:14
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Heloísa Feb 3, 2011

They give big bites and there is a delay to receive the money of around 10 days. And you have to go to the bank and sign papers, wait more 24 hours.

Paypal deposits are regular, punctual and you have to sign no papers.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any recent experiences with Moneybookers in Brazil

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search