Proofreading rate for Japanese document
Thread poster: S. D.
S. D.  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:01
English to Japanese
Feb 3, 2011

Hello, everyone! I have a question about the rate for proofreading Japanese/English documents. As the rate for proofreading/editing the translated English document from Japanese source document, I get paid $0.015 per Japanese character in Japanese source document. Is this too low or the standard rate in the market now? I checked some translators' rates but most of them I found were the rate per word, so I was wondering if anyone can share some thoughts how much you are charging per Japanese character in source document. About a year ago when I had a contract with this company, I asked for more but they declined. I thought it might be time to ask for raise. I know that the rate depends on experience and other items, but I appreciate if you can share some ideas. Thank you very much for any help that you can offer ご意見、ご感想いただけると、とても嬉しく思います。どうかよろしくお願いいたします。

[Edited at 2011-02-03 22:57 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proofreading rate for Japanese document

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search