Proofreading rate for Japanese document
Thread poster: S. D.

S. D.  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:36
English to Japanese
Feb 3, 2011

Hello, everyone! I have a question about the rate for proofreading Japanese/English documents. As the rate for proofreading/editing the translated English document from Japanese source document, I get paid $0.015 per Japanese character in Japanese source document. Is this too low or the standard rate in the market now? I checked some translators' rates but most of them I found were the rate per word, so I was wondering if anyone can share some thoughts how much you are charging per Japanese character in source document. About a year ago when I had a contract with this company, I asked for more but they declined. I thought it might be time to ask for raise. I know that the rate depends on experience and other items, but I appreciate if you can share some ideas. Thank you very much for any help that you can offer ご意見、ご感想いただけると、とても嬉しく思います。どうかよろしくお願いいたします。

[Edited at 2011-02-03 22:57 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proofreading rate for Japanese document

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search