Tax info on invoices
Thread poster: costanza_p
costanza_p
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 10, 2004

Hi,

I have a question about invoices. I have just finished a translation for an Italian agency and now I have to send them my invoice. I live and pay taxes in the US, although I am an Italian citizen. What kind of tax information should I include on the invoice? They shouldn't need my SSN, should they? And at the same time, as an Italian citizen resident in the US, I know that I don't have to pay taxes in Italy, so I don't think I should include my Italian tax number....if all this is correct, then what shall I write on the invoice?

I will post the same question in the Italian forum, but if anybody here had a similar problem and could give me some advice, I'd be grateful.

Thanks,
Costanza

Direct link Reply with quote

Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:35
German to English
+ ...
No tax info Mar 15, 2004

The Italian agency will have nothing to do with your taxes if you are only liable to pay tax in the US. All they need is your bank details to wire you the money. You need to take care of state and federal income tax yourself.

Cheers,
Daina
(I am a US translator working for European companies.)

costanza_p wrote:
I have a question about invoices. I have just finished a translation for an Italian agency and now I have to send them my invoice. I live and pay taxes in the US, although I am an Italian citizen. What kind of tax information should I include on the invoice? They shouldn't need my SSN, should they? And at the same time, as an Italian citizen resident in the US, I know that I don't have to pay taxes in Italy, so I don't think I should include my Italian tax number....if all this is correct, then what shall I write on the invoice?

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tax info on invoices

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search