Thread poster: Irene Fridman

Irene Fridman  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2010)
Russian to English
+ ...
Feb 15, 2011

Hello everyone,

I have some difficulties to figure out a per minute rate for this type of work.

The project would be, at this point, 12 hours of video (60 minute segments). They would be able to supply me with both languages scripts.

This would be a multi-step process:

They would first need the Russian Script (again, already provided) timed to the video using Subtitle Workshop and exported as a time stamped text translation.

They would then provide me with a translation template and the English script for the Russian > English translation. They ask that I would copy and paste the English translation (which we would provide) into the Russian Microsoft Word translation template.

There would be no actual translation work involved in this, just the requirement to time the video and format the English translation. What would be an average capacity for this type of work and per minute rate?

Thank you,

Direct link Reply with quote

mszlilian  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 07:37
Polish to Hungarian
+ ...
similar problems Feb 16, 2011

Irene Fridman wrote:

Could you give me a per hour rate for transcription of recording ?I am a new member and need help to figure out standard rates

Thank you

Lilian Szabó

Hello everyone,

I have some difficulties to figure out a per minute rate for this type of work.

The project would be, at this point, 12 hours of video (60 minute segments). They would be able to supply me with both languages scripts.

This would be a multi-step process:

They would first need the Russian Script (again, already provided) timed to the video using Subtitle Workshop and exported as a time stamped text translation.

They would then provide me with a translation template and the English script for the Russian > English translation. They ask that I would copy and paste the English translation (which we would provide) into the Russian Microsoft Word translation template.

There would be no actual translation work involved in this, just the requirement to time the video and format the English translation. What would be an average capacity for this type of work and per minute rate?

Thank you,

Luximar Arenas Petty  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:37
English to Spanish
+ ...
Some help Feb 16, 2011

Hi,

This article has been a reference for me. Hope this helps to both of you.

http://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/67470-general_audio_transcription_translation_rates.html

Kind regards,

Irene Fridman  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2010)
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I got it. Feb 16, 2011

Thanks Luximar,

The article was very helpful.

Regards,

Irene

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

video timing rate per minute

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search