Recovery of payment from agency in the Czech Republic
Thread poster: Lynda Tharratt

Lynda Tharratt  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:22
Member (2006)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 2, 2011

Does anyone have experience with recovering payment from a non-paying agency in the Czech Republic? I have done some work with this agency in the past so I did not check their updated Blue Board listing prior to accepting the job. I now see that they have had a number of negative entries in the past few months and are now banned from posting jobs. The total amount owing to me is around $500 USD. I know it's not a huge sum, but I would like to receive it nonetheless.
If anyone knows of a collection agency in the Czech Republic I would appreciate it if someone could send me its contact information. Otherwise, I was considering going through the European Small Claims Court. Is there anyone who has experience/success with this process?

thanks in advance for your help,
Lynda

Direct link Reply with quote

Jan Willem van Dormolen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 17:22
English to Dutch
+ ...
Hard... Mar 3, 2011

I had a similar experience, so I checked out the possibilities. Turns out that both ways are possible, but it would take more than two years for the procedure to finish. I didn't bother after that, too bad of the 400 euros or so.

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 17:22
English to Czech
+ ...
Please contact me Mar 3, 2011

Hello Lynda,
please contact me over PM off-forum to tell me which agency it is. I see if I could do something for you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Recovery of payment from agency in the Czech Republic

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search