Recovery of payment from agency in the Czech Republic
Thread poster: Lynda Tharratt

Lynda Tharratt  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:19
Member (2006)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 2, 2011

Does anyone have experience with recovering payment from a non-paying agency in the Czech Republic? I have done some work with this agency in the past so I did not check their updated Blue Board listing prior to accepting the job. I now see that they have had a number of negative entries in the past few months and are now banned from posting jobs. The total amount owing to me is around $500 USD. I know it's not a huge sum, but I would like to receive it nonetheless.icon_smile.gif
If anyone knows of a collection agency in the Czech Republic I would appreciate it if someone could send me its contact information. Otherwise, I was considering going through the European Small Claims Court. Is there anyone who has experience/success with this process?

thanks in advance for your help,
Lynda

Jan Willem van Dormolen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 09:19
English to Dutch
+ ...
Hard... Mar 3, 2011

I had a similar experience, so I checked out the possibilities. Turns out that both ways are possible, but it would take more than two years for the procedure to finish. I didn't bother after that, too bad of the 400 euros or so.

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 09:19
English to Czech
+ ...
Please contact me Mar 3, 2011

Hello Lynda,
please contact me over PM off-forum to tell me which agency it is. I see if I could do something for you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Recovery of payment from agency in the Czech Republic

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search