Thread poster: Christopher Fitzsimons

Christopher Fitzsimons
Switzerland
Local time: 06:45
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Mar 9, 2011

Hello everyone,

I have a question for those of you who currently work or have worked freelance in Malta.

In comparison to other EU countries, from a financial and bureaucratic point of view, how difficult would you say it is to set up and work as a self-employed translator in Malta? I'm thinking specifically of the attitude the government/tax authorities have towards self-employment (whether it is relatively progressive or not), the tax/social security contributions in comparison to other EU countries and the general ease of operating in Malta as a freelancer.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Working as a freelance translator in Malta

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search