Does anyone from Argentina use Moneybookers?
Thread poster: Mariela Malanij

Mariela Malanij  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 29, 2011

Hi everyone!

I am a translator from Argentina who's been working for an Indian agency without a single problem for 5 months now. They would pay promptly via PayPal.

Unfortunately, the Central Bank of India has recently introduced restrictions on the use of PayPal and they can no longer use it to send money abroad. Same restriction applies to Western Union. I did some research and it seems to be true.

My problem is I have a small pending balance (some 25 euros) I don't know how to collect. The agency has offered me to send it via Moneybookers but, as far as I have researched, the only available withdrawal method in Argentina would be a SWIFT transfer to my bank account (http://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=fees, see the international section. Please note Argentina is not an OECD country) at a cost of 1.8Euros plus any applicable fees by my bank.

I have accounts in two banks here in Argentina: Standard Bank (just pesos) and Banco Macro (pesos and dollars). I've contacted them but they were prettly helpless. They could not precise if: 1) I could receive such a bank transfer, 2) I needed an account in dollars or just the one in pesos would do, 3) how long it would take, 4) I would receive the payment in pesos or dollars, 5) neither whether they would charge any fee or what the fee could amount to. I'm so frustrated!!!!

Based on what I have been reading in other posts (¿Cómo funciona Moneybookers en Argentina? http://www.proz.com/forum/spanish/29218-¿cómo_funciona_moneybookers_en_argentina.html), there is a bank charge of at least USD50 for such a transfer (I don't know if it is the same for all banks or if all banks charge it). So please, if anyone in Argentina uses Moneybookers or receives SWIFT transfers from abroad, I would really appreciate your input. I'm not experienced with these matters.

Thank you so much!

Mariela

Direct link Reply with quote

goodluck Mar 31, 2011

http://www.creditcard-ervaringen.nl/moneybookers-mastercard-prepaid/

goodluck

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does anyone from Argentina use Moneybookers?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search