Does anyone have a list of agencies that typically don't pay?
Thread poster: George Runde

George Runde
Norway
Local time: 19:11
Norwegian to English
+ ...
Mar 24, 2004

There always seem to be people who have experienced being shorted by agencies. I am currently in a situation where an agency in Spain owes me 450 euros and it's been six months.
Any advice? What can I do and what can I expect?

Thanks for all responses.
George

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:11
English to German
+ ...
Start with the ProZ.com Blue Board Mar 24, 2004

Hi George,
The Blue Board is a platform where freelancers can exchange information about outsourcers.

There are a number of other lists - why don't you search the forums for "payments practices" - you should find a number of threads discussing a variety of lists.

Best regards, Ralf

Maria Kirby
United States
Local time: 19:11
Swedish to Polish
+ ...
yes and no Mar 24, 2004

There is a list on yahoo (Payment Practice)
that deals with translation/interpretation agencies and their credibility. It's basically feedback from people who have worked with them and share their opinions.
The forum is strictly moderated, so you have to go via the founder.
His e-mail address is:
pp_dist-owner@yahoogroups.com
You can either e-mail him, or go to the yahoo forum website and join the forum.

Good luck!

Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Czech to German
+ ...
German version of yahoo-group Mar 25, 2004

Maria Kirby wrote:
There is a list on yahoo (Payment Practice)
that deals with translation/interpretation agencies and their credibility.

Hi,

as your mother-tongue is Norwegian maybe you'll understand German as well so this yahoo-group http://de.groups.yahoo.com/group/zahlungspraxis/
could also be useful. There is no list as such of agencies but you can search for names in question.

Charlotte

Joseph Samir
Egypt
Local time: 02:11
English to Arabic
+ ...
A lot of lists May 10, 2004

Hi George ,
I am so sorry for your bad experience .. I believe now that one of your duties towards your colleagues is to warn them about this swindler . I can feel you because I have lived the same experience twice .. I am always saying that if we band together no body will dare tricking any of us because it will be a fact then that if he tricked one , he will never be able to finish any work with other colleagues .. One last advice " Don't get bored of hunting him everywhere ; even if the sum was 1 dollar , in fact it is not only about money but it is about honesty and your hard work that must be appreciated " ..

Here are some of the lists that you can use :
1) Proz Blue Board ( just as Ralf said )
2) A collection of these sites can be found here : http://www.apluscounts.com/Non-Paying_Translation_Agencies.html
3) And here ( Hall of Fame and Shame ) : http://www.arabicwata.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=53

May God Bless you and compensate you

Yours ,
Joseph Samir
Cairo , Egypt

PS
By the way , Ralf , I have contacted one of the moderators about one of the Agencies that has tricked me and there was no response , so why was that ??

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Contact me with details May 10, 2004

Hi Joseph,

By the way , Ralf , I have contacted one of the moderators about one of the Agencies that has tricked me and there was no response , so why was that ??

How would I know...?
Please contact me through my profile, indicating the agency, and whom you contacted (when?).

Generally, all jobs moderators attempt to respond to inquiries within 24 hours, but please bear in mind that all mods are volunteers, running their own business and occasionally going on holiday... (although that's usually shown in their profile).

Best regards, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does anyone have a list of agencies that typically don't pay?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search