Anyone had their PayPal account "limited"? And were you able to lift the limits?
Thread poster: Vitals
Vitals
Vitals  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 17:43
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
May 9, 2011

Dear all,

I have just encountered a problem with PayPal where they limited my account (can't send anything now or get cash) because the amount exceeded some EU requirements and I forgot to supply the documents they wanted some time ago (I actually do not remember if they notified me about it at all...)

I have now supplied them with what they wanted, and the system said it was "sent for their review".

Have anyone had a similar experience and what was the o
... See more
Dear all,

I have just encountered a problem with PayPal where they limited my account (can't send anything now or get cash) because the amount exceeded some EU requirements and I forgot to supply the documents they wanted some time ago (I actually do not remember if they notified me about it at all...)

I have now supplied them with what they wanted, and the system said it was "sent for their review".

Have anyone had a similar experience and what was the outcome?

I certainly would not want the funds and transactions to be "frozen" there for long, and at the same time...I do not yet have full confidence in the best efficiency of the electronic funds companies like PayPal, etc, but have to use them because of work.

Please, share your experiences.

Yours,
VS
Collapse

Sabina Moscatelli
Sabina Moscatelli
Italy
Local time: 16:43
Member (2004)
German to Italian
+ ...
Yes, it happened to me. May 9, 2011

I sent the papers they required and in a few days the account was still available.

Sabina

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL
Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:43
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
It's normal May 9, 2011

It applies to every account and results from anti money laundering legislation.

S

LEXpert
LEXpert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:43
Member (2008)
Croatian to English
+ ...
All accounts limited by default May 9, 2011

Trust me, PayPal has nothing personal against you. All accounts are limited (monthly transfer limits) by default, until you request that the limit be lifted, and supply the documents they ask for.

Maika Vicente Navarro
Maika Vicente Navarro  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 00:43
English to Spanish
+ ...
It happened to me May 9, 2011

I had the same situation a few years ago. As Stanislaw said, they freeze your accounts for anti money laundering reasons.

I was notified on the freezing of my PayPal account because I had exceeded the amount of money I could recieve. I send them all the requiered papers and the issue was solved.

I can't remember exactly how long it took them to unfreeze my accounts, but I wasn't very long.

You will be able to use them soon enough.

Good luck!

Alina - Maria Chiteala
Alina - Maria Chiteala  Identity Verified
Romania
Member (2011)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Lift limits May 9, 2011

It is the UE policy or something like that. They did this to me in December, I sent all the papers and after that I had to call in January and they said in 30 days all will be fixed and in May my account was still limited and had to call again. This time all got fixed in 24 H.

Lennart Luhtaru
Lennart Luhtaru  Identity Verified
United States
English to Estonian
+ ...
They need... May 9, 2011

your ID scan and also a utility bill or something similar (I gave them a phone bill).

Alex Lago
Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:43
English to Spanish
+ ...
Anti fraud measure May 9, 2011

It has to do with antifraud measures imposed by EU, after a certain amount you have to prove you actually are who you say you are, it's no problem at all and they will unfreeze your account soon.

Vitals
Vitals  Identity Verified
Lithuania
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you kindly May 9, 2011

Dear and kind Prozians,

I want to thank you all for the time and effort you spent to write this. I appreciate that. Each one of you said something I needed. It's the first time it happened to me, so I needed advice from you all. Now I understand the situation and have no worry.

All the best to you!

VS

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anyone had their PayPal account "limited"? And were you able to lift the limits?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »