Rates
Thread poster: Jackie Bowman

Jackie Bowman

Local time: 18:28
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 30, 2004

I have tried to enter my rates and failed. I am told this:

“Your minimum per word rate is out of range. The maximum per word rate cannot be greater than 1.00 USD (2.5 times the minimum rate)
”Your minimum per hour rate is out of range. The maximum per hour rate cannot be greater than 200 USD (2.5 times the minimum rate)
”Your minimum per word for Instant Job rate is out of range. The maximum per word rate cannot be greater than 1.00 USD (2.5 times the minimum rate)”.

These are all below my minimum rates, spectacularly so on “minimum per hour”.

I have tried simply to enter what the message tell me ProZ deems “maximum rates” (a dollar a word, 200 dollars an hour and so on), and I’ve even tried smaller amounts (90 cents a word, 190 dollars an hour and so forth) but I just get the same message. How can I enter my rates?

Thanks a mill for all suggestions.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:28
English to German
+ ...
Link between minimum and maximum rates Mar 30, 2004

Hi Jack,
The maximum range between minimum and maximum rates is a factor of 2.5, on top of which certain maximum values have been set to prevent erroneous entries.

More details are available in the FAQ.

HTH, Ralf

Musab Hayatli
Local time: 23:28
English to Arabic
+ ...
Number input inaccurate, perhaps? Mar 30, 2004

Jack Bowman wrote:

I have tried to enter my rates and failed. I am told this:

“Your minimum per word rate is out of range. The maximum per word rate cannot be greater than 1.00 USD (2.5 times the minimum rate)
”Your minimum per hour rate is out of range. The maximum per hour rate cannot be greater than 200 USD (2.5 times the minimum rate)
”Your minimum per word for Instant Job rate is out of range. The maximum per word rate cannot be greater than 1.00 USD (2.5 times the minimum rate)”.

These are all below my minimum rates, spectacularly so on “minimum per hour”.

I have tried simply to enter what the message tell me ProZ deems “maximum rates” (a dollar a word, 200 dollars an hour and so on), and I’ve even tried smaller amounts (90 cents a word, 190 dollars an hour and so forth) but I just get the same message. How can I enter my rates?

I thik it basically means that you have to put a minimum rate which 2.5 times smaller than $1 per word, i.e, for example, less than $0.4 per word! Perhpas you are trying to put 9 cent, again as an example, per word as $0.9 instead of 0.09? I did it myself first time, but math has never been by greatest gift Hope it works this way.

Best of luck

musab

Jackie Bowman

Local time: 18:28
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Mar 30, 2004

Excellent, Ralph. Very many thanks.

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
What's up with BILLS? Mar 31, 2004

Jack Bowman wrote:

Hey Jack, what's up with what it says on your profile page:

"BOWMAN International Latin Language Solutions (BILLS) is bollocks but for those of you who've got this far we should make plain that BILLS is a verbiage-rich, wholly- optimized and fully-conceptualized one- stop-shop boutique media interface that is informed, conditioned and, indeed, shaped by its envelope-pushing dialogue with the most senior members of what both we and you like to call your “community”."

??

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Going OT Mar 31, 2004

Folks,
may I suggest you discuss the profile details of individual members privately?

Thanks, Ralf

sylvie malich
Germany
German to English
@ Samuel Mar 31, 2004

Samuel Murray-Smit wrote:

Hey Jack, what's up with what it says on your profile page:

"BOWMAN International Latin Language Solutions (BILLS) is bollocks but for those of you who've got this far we should make plain that BILLS is a verbiage-rich, wholly- optimized and fully-conceptualized one- stop-shop boutique media interface that is informed, conditioned and, indeed, shaped by its envelope-pushing dialogue with the most senior members of what both we and you like to call your “community”."

??

Sam, it's a joke, and a well written one at that...
sylvie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rates

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search