Globe Pay
Thread poster: John Fossey

John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:31
Member (2008)
French to English
May 20, 2011

Does anyone have experience with a payment processor called GlobePay?

I received an email invited me to use this portal and became suspicious because it was sent from a gmail address. However, it appears that GlobePay has a referral incentive so perhaps the person sending the email is referring me. The links in the email appear to be normal, i.e., when the link says
www . globepayinc . com that 's where you actually go, unlike a phishing email.

According to their website they are a PayPal alternative based in India, the only fees being a 1% withdrawal fee, unlike PayPal's 3-4% receiving fee. If they are legitimate and reliable it might be interesting.

Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:31
English to French
+ ...
Interesting May 20, 2011

Interesting, in theory, that is. Although the 1% figure is interesting, the real challenge would be in having customers accepting to use it.

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 15:31
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Evidence against GlobePay May 20, 2011

John Fossey wrote:
If they are legitimate and reliable it might be interesting.

I agree (though it would seem that you need to be in India to use it). However, here are my impressions that may indicate a fly-by-night operation:

1. They use a tiled image background -- those were last used by GeoCities hobbyists back in the 1990s (okay, that's a bit of a hyperbole, but the point is made).
2. The "login" and "sign up" buttons on the front page were clearly done by two different graphic designers.
3. Use of stock images without getting exclusive rights for it:
http://www.gettyimages.nl/detail/57278427
http://www.globepayinc.com/h-send.php
4. Language errors and spelling errors on the site (though perhaps this is acceptable in India?).
5. The physical address of the business is nowhere to be found (the "Contact" page contains only a phone number, although the "About" page mentions the city and the country).
6. The company's inability to secure an easy-to-use domain name, so they had to settle for a name that has "inc" in it (or perhaps this is the law in India?).

Laurent KRAULAND (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:31
French to German
+ ...
Also... May 20, 2011

the bullets in their bullet list look a bit too much like the AT&T logo revisited, see http://tinyurl.com/3gfruoj - I found this curious to say the least.

Rohit_Saxena
Local time: 20:01
GlobePay: Best way to Pay & Get paid Online Sep 7, 2011

Hi..... Friends

We are using GlobePay services for our website from last 1 year but till now we have not faced any problem. GlobePay is legitimate and registered payment processor in India.

And I think it win, win & win situation for Indian Merchants.

thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Globe Pay

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search