Thread poster: Jan Rausch

Jan Rausch  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:58
Member (2010)
German to English
+ ...
Aug 9, 2011

I have done some jobs for an agency whose client it turns out was the IAS, now in administration. The agency is now only paying me a third of the agreed charge, as they say they're not getting paid by IAS.

Any views on this?

Direct link Reply with quote

Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Not your problem Aug 9, 2011

Don't let them make it your problem. Their client is their business risk. Your client is the agency, not the IAS.

As long as you have some documentation to support it (emails should do + invoice), any and every court will uphold your claim to be paid in full (assuming that there are no other issues, of course). Just go through the steps to recover your debt, being formal about it whilst remaining polite.

Of course, that's easy to say and an absolute pain in practice, but please don't let them get away with it if you can help it. Oh, and protect others by posting a comment on the Blue Board and similar directories.

Good luck!

Sheila

United Kingdom
Member (2010)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sheila Aug 9, 2011

Sheila Wilson wrote:

Don't let them make it your problem. Their client is their business risk. Your client is the agency, not the IAS.

As long as you have some documentation to support it (emails should do + invoice), any and every court will uphold your claim to be paid in full (assuming that there are no other issues, of course). Just go through the steps to recover your debt, being formal about it whilst remaining polite.

Of course, that's easy to say and an absolute pain in practice, but please don't let them get away with it if you can help it. Oh, and protect others by posting a comment on the Blue Board and similar directories.

Good luck!

Sheila

Yes, I was thinking the same. Thanks.

SBtranslations  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:58
Member (2008)
English to French
+ ...
exactly not your problem like Sheila said the agency is your client that's all Aug 9, 2011

Jan Rausch wrote:

Sheila Wilson wrote:

Good luck!

Sheila

[Modifié le 2011-08-09 14:48 GMT]

United Kingdom
Member (2010)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks. I've already communicated that to them ... Aug 9, 2011

SBtranslations wrote:

Jan Rausch wrote:

Sheila Wilson wrote:

Good luck!

Sheila

[Modifié le 2011-08-09 14:48 GMT]

United Kingdom
Member (2010)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Blue Board Aug 24, 2011

2.8 on Blue Board now, 1.3 in the last twelve months. I'm not the only one to not feel appreciated by them then.

[Edited at 2011-08-24 20:06 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

UK: Immigration Advisory Service in administration

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search