Can Agencies post Jobs and offered rate ?
Thread poster: Paula Oriani

Paula Oriani  Identity Verified

English to French
+ ...
Sep 7, 2011

Hi,

Same old story again... (Grrrrrrr). There is a posted job by a Blue Board Agency dispalying the (LOW) rates they are offering for the job. I tought this practice was forbidden by the new rules at ProZ.

Well, there is a ProZ message saying that the rates offered are lower than those charged by 80% of ProZ members... and still there are 2 Quotes sent already.

What is the general rule? Can Agencies post a job and the rates ?

Paula

Direct link Reply with quote

Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:39
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
No Sep 7, 2011

Except that there is a box where paying members can accept to be informed - but this is totally apart from the description of the job.

If this is in the description, just click on the place at the bottom which says "report this job" You don't have to write anything. It will be dealt with promptly (at least, it has been when I've done that.

Paula Oriani  Identity Verified

English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I'will do that Sep 7, 2011

Thanks so much for the info. Sheila, I'll do so right away...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can Agencies post Jobs and offered rate ?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search