Regular Payments from Japan to the U.S. - Cheapest/Most Efficient Method?
Thread poster: yasudaward

yasudaward  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:45
Japanese to English
Oct 1, 2011

Hello,

I'll be starting a new, regular gig with this translation agency in Japan. I've done work for them before and it's never been an issue, but that's because I currently live in Japan. Once I move back to the U.S., what would be the best way to regularly receive payments (and by best of course I mean cheapest/most efficient)?

I'm sure you guys are sick of these threads, but I've tried googling and browsing these forums but can't seem to find a good answer.

What do you guys use? This agency seems open to whatever options might be available. My first thought of course was PayPal, but at 3.9% (+.30USD) they're not expensive, but not cheap. However I don't know if this includes a currency exchange fee or something like that. While I can take the money I currently have and just run with it as cash and exchange it somewhere cheaper, that won't be an option once I'm out of Japan of course.

I understand there's inevitably going to be some sort of fee, just wanted to know how to minimize those fees.

Thanks in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Regular Payments from Japan to the U.S. - Cheapest/Most Efficient Method?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search