Factura for Mexican Company
Thread poster: annmtz
annmtz
Spanish to English
May 4, 2004

I've just started to work as a freelance translator and have run into a problem with a Mexican client. I'm located in Canada and was going to send him a bill with Canadian taxes, but I beleive what he is asking for is a factura that Hacienda will accept. Any advice??

Direct link Reply with quote

Anna Villegas  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
Ask your client... May 4, 2004

Ann, ask your client. I think they will anyway deduct this expense from their taxes, no matter where the factura comes from. They just want a proof of their payment.

MariusV  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 21:44
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
be exact with clients May 9, 2004

my suggestion: just be VERY EXACT at the primary stage (when you are offered a job and when you agree on the price). it also happened to me that I have agreed on the price, did the job, and had a couple of clients who started making some \"deductions because of taxes\"...

Just take a purchase order with a very clear indication about the taxes... I think that this is the \"game\" they are playing - talk about some taxes when the matter comes about settling of cash)

annmtz wrote:

I\'ve just started to work as a freelance translator and have run into a problem with a Mexican client. I\'m located in Canada and was going to send him a bill with Canadian taxes, but I beleive what he is asking for is a factura that Hacienda will accept. Any advice??

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Factura for Mexican Company

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search