How to get a company based in Canada to pay for my assignments (it is ages since I have done them)
Thread poster: Mateusz Kiecz
Mateusz Kiecz  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:49
English to Polish
+ ...
Oct 14, 2011

I have an issue regarding few late payments from a Canadian based translation agency. Does anyone know what is the law in Canada (Provine of Ontario) regarding late payments? Any links to helpful websites?

In the UK, I would use moneyclaimsonline website to sumbit a claim to a local small claims county court. Is there anything similar in Canada? Can anyone point me to any law/act/statute?

Direct link Reply with quote

Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:49
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Canadian laws Oct 14, 2011

We've just had the same topic regarding a late paying US-based agency, and the replies to the post all stated that there is no US-law governing late payments. Maybe there is in Canada.

You can keep reminding them and adding a 10 Dollar fine every time, or leave a negative entry on their BB. If nothing works, you can hire the service of a Collection Office. They will get you your hard-earned money.

Rad Graban  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:49
English to Slovak
+ ...
One link (not sure how useful you find it though) Oct 14, 2011

http://www.atradiuscollections.com/private/countryinfo/canada.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to get a company based in Canada to pay for my assignments (it is ages since I have done them)

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search