How to get a company based in Canada to pay for my assignments (it is ages since I have done them)
Thread poster: Mateusz Kiecz

Mateusz Kiecz  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:20
English to Polish
+ ...
Oct 14, 2011

I have an issue regarding few late payments from a Canadian based translation agency. Does anyone know what is the law in Canada (Provine of Ontario) regarding late payments? Any links to helpful websites?

In the UK, I would use moneyclaimsonline website to sumbit a claim to a local small claims county court. Is there anything similar in Canada? Can anyone point me to any law/act/statute?

Direct link Reply with quote

Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:20
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Canadian laws Oct 14, 2011

We've just had the same topic regarding a late paying US-based agency, and the replies to the post all stated that there is no US-law governing late payments. Maybe there is in Canada.

You can keep reminding them and adding a 10 Dollar fine every time, or leave a negative entry on their BB. If nothing works, you can hire the service of a Collection Office. They will get you your hard-earned money.

Rad Graban  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:20
English to Slovak
+ ...
One link (not sure how useful you find it though) Oct 14, 2011

http://www.atradiuscollections.com/private/countryinfo/canada.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to get a company based in Canada to pay for my assignments (it is ages since I have done them)

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search