https://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/209867-how_to_get_a_company_based_in_canada_to_pay_for_my_assignments_it_is_ages_since_i_have_done_them.html

How to get a company based in Canada to pay for my assignments (it is ages since I have done them)
Thread poster: Mateusz Kiecz
Mateusz Kiecz
Mateusz Kiecz  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:08
Member (2008)
English to Polish
+ ...
Oct 14, 2011

I have an issue regarding few late payments from a Canadian based translation agency. Does anyone know what is the law in Canada (Provine of Ontario) regarding late payments? Any links to helpful websites?

In the UK, I would use moneyclaimsonline website to sumbit a claim to a local small claims county court. Is there anything similar in Canada? Can anyone point me to any law/act/statute?

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:08
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Canadian laws Oct 14, 2011

We've just had the same topic regarding a late paying US-based agency, and the replies to the post all stated that there is no US-law governing late payments. Maybe there is in Canada.

You can keep reminding them and adding a 10 Dollar fine every time, or leave a negative entry on their BB. If nothing works, you can hire the service of a Collection Office. They will get you your hard-earned money.

Rad Graban (X)
Rad Graban (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:08
English to Slovak
+ ...
One link (not sure how useful you find it though) Oct 14, 2011

http://www.atradiuscollections.com/private/countryinfo/canada.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to get a company based in Canada to pay for my assignments (it is ages since I have done them)

Translation news

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »