Rate per line for translation from German
Thread poster: Johanna Holmberg

Johanna Holmberg  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:08
English to Swedish
+ ...
Nov 13, 2011

I've been asked by a German agency to state my rates per line and find myself at a loss. I generally charge 0,14 EUR per word for translation from German inte Swedish. Could someone give me a hint as to what this would make if converted to EUR/line? According to the agency, they count 50 characters to a line, including blank spaces. Is 1 EUR/line a price that is approximately in the same range as my word price, or am I wide off the mark?

Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:08
German to English
+ ...
Here you go: Nov 13, 2011

Take a text you have translated (source or target depending on how you are going to charge). Do a word count and multiply by your word rate. Note the total price. Now count the same text, but take the no. of characters with spaces and divide by 50. That is the no. of lines. Then take the total price you calculated & divide by the no. of lines you just came up with. That would be your line rate. This is assuming both prices are in euros (same currency).

Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
Fee Wizzard Nov 13, 2011

You could use the wizzard of our Italien colleague Alessandra Muzzi

http://www.amtrad.it/feewizardol.php

I just checked very rapidly and the line fee would be in your case almost exactly 1,00 Euro (99,39 cents).

Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rate per line for translation from German

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search