Salaries for In-house translators (FR>EN)
Thread poster: twintrad
twintrad
French to English
Dec 26, 2011

Hello all,
Does anyone have an idea of current salaries offered in the greater Paris area? I have over 20 years' experience and need to negotiate with my company for a raise.
Thanks in advance,
Melinda Herron

Direct link Reply with quote

Cecile Trotin  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:05
English to French
Very variable Dec 27, 2011

Hi Melinda,

That's not an easy question to answer. It depends on various factors, including the size and revenues of your company. A small translation company usually has less bandwidth than one making millions of euros in revenues.

I have not worked as an in-house translator in Paris for a while but back in 2004, I was earning around 30.000€ before tax. The job was split between translation and project management. In Paris, the most I managed to get was 35.000€ in a multinational company, still with a mixture of translation and project management.

But looking at job ads for translators, salaries seem to be situated beween 25.000€ and 28.000€.

That's my very own analysis and I'm not garanteeing that it is reliable enough in your case but maybe it will help.

Wishing you a nice salary raise.

twintrad
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Dec 27, 2011

I appreciate your honesty!

Best wishes for 2012.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Salaries for In-house translators (FR>EN)

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search