https://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/21605-problem_to_receive_money_through_paypal.html

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Problem to receive money through PayPal!
Thread poster: Andreas Yan
Andreas Yan
Andreas Yan  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:34
English to Chinese
+ ...
May 30, 2004

Dear colleagues:
I am a newcomer to ProZ.com and just several days ago I recieved a payment from my client through PayPal.However,I live in China and have no US credit cards like VISA or US bank account either.So I can not complete the process to accept the cash I recieved. Today,the PayPal team send me a letter asking me to accept this money.I have no idea what I should do next.Beijing and Shanghai, where the US banks have the branches located there, are too far away from where I live.Cou
... See more
Dear colleagues:
I am a newcomer to ProZ.com and just several days ago I recieved a payment from my client through PayPal.However,I live in China and have no US credit cards like VISA or US bank account either.So I can not complete the process to accept the cash I recieved. Today,the PayPal team send me a letter asking me to accept this money.I have no idea what I should do next.Beijing and Shanghai, where the US banks have the branches located there, are too far away from where I live.Could anybody here help me to resolve this problem? Thank you!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-05-30 08:04]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:34
English to German
+ ...
Was Paypal agreed? May 30, 2004

Hi YanLi, and welcome to ProZ.com!
What I find difficult to understand is why you would receive a payment by Paypal if you aren't able to use it? Was payment by Paypal agreed upon in advance?

Best regards,
Ralf

HymnLau
HymnLau
China
Local time: 09:34
English to Chinese
+ ...
NO WAY through local banks May 30, 2004

You may come to a local bank for Visa/Master Credit Card, but result in vain. These Visa/Master are not fully functioned, they can pay but cannot receive.

Two possible ways:
1) Ask your relatives abroad to help you.

2) Ask your clients "Wire Transfer"you the money. The charge of transfer varies from country to country; bank to bank. The charge of your local bank is 0.1% + USD15/case.

Happy the way Go Global!

[Edited at 2004-05-30 08:43]

Andreas Yan
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Ralf! Vielen Dank! May 30, 2004

Yes,it's true that I agree to recieve the payment through PayPal in advance.I am a newcomer here at ProZ.com and I noticed that there are many colleagues use PayPal to recieve and send payments even many clients made the notice in advance that their payment can be only available through PayPal.Therefore,I registered with PayPal and get a free account but I can not get it verified due to I have no US credit card or US bank account.You know the situation in China is quite different from other coun... See more
Yes,it's true that I agree to recieve the payment through PayPal in advance.I am a newcomer here at ProZ.com and I noticed that there are many colleagues use PayPal to recieve and send payments even many clients made the notice in advance that their payment can be only available through PayPal.Therefore,I registered with PayPal and get a free account but I can not get it verified due to I have no US credit card or US bank account.You know the situation in China is quite different from other countries,only in Beijing or Shanghai there are some US bank branches.I read the terms of PayPal that said if you didn't get your account verified you would have limitation on sending money,not on recieving money!Do I misunderstand it?
This time a client offered me a job which required me a PayPal account to recieve payment.I thought there is no problem for me to recieve payment through PayPal based on my own understanding of PayPal terms.I accepted this offer and completed it on the time for my client.Several days later,he send me money to my PayPal account and I came to realize that is impossible for me to complete the process to accept it.Every time I followed the instruction to accept it till reached the step of Accept Payment But Don't Add a Bank Account Now,then the process lead me back to the Add Credit Card page.I have no idea how to solve this problem.It is a real headache for me now because PayPal team sent me a letter urging me to take action to accept the money, otherwise,they will refund it back to the sender.Any ideas? I do need your help. Thank you!
Yan Li.
Collapse

Andreas Yan
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi,HymnLau. Thank you! May 30, 2004

Thank you for your advices.
First of all,I have no relatives abroad.Secondly,asking your client to change the way of money transfer is a good idea? You know as a newcomer to this global market, I have no experience
on dealing with such matters.
Any other ideas or useful experience you have? Please help me.
Thank you in advance!

airmailrpl
airmailrpl  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 22:34
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Try to use the Paypal payment to buy things over the internet May 30, 2004

If you can't get the Payapal account to credit the money into your bank account in China - then you may have the alternative to use the amount in your Paypal account to pay for things you want to buy over the Internet. I have a Paypal account but have never used it either to Buy anything or to receive Payments - but I understood that using it to Pay for purchases on the internet is an option.

Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
English to Chinese
+ ...
Another alternative: pay by check... May 30, 2004

but this can be slow...

HymnLau
HymnLau
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
:-) May 30, 2004

YanLi wrote:

First of all,I have no relatives abroad.Secondly,asking your client to change the way of money transfer is a good idea? You know as a newcomer to this global market, I have no experience
Thank you in advance!

1. I own VISA Credit Card issued by ICBC and one by CMB, neither has the authority to get Paypal fund back;

2. I have called every American Bank's office in Mainland, The replies are alike: NO;

3. Miss Zhoudan suggested a practicable alternative, but beside the "slow speed", don't be surprise when it consumes upto 70% of your money, it maybe scarcely, but was real story!

4. PayPal accepts withdrawals to local bank accounts in HongKong.

Good Luck!

[Edited at 2004-05-30 15:23]

Andreas Yan
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you all! May 30, 2004

Hi,colleagues:
At this point,I came to understand how complicated the problem is because I am an unverified member at PayPal community.
Well,right now I have no intention to withdraw or send my money from PayPal and just need to keep it in my account till this problem can be resolved.I'll be aware of the risk using PayPal in my business.
Could any colleague tell me the process to claim my money into my account at PayPal? Is it possible for a person who has no US cards or Us ban
... See more
Hi,colleagues:
At this point,I came to understand how complicated the problem is because I am an unverified member at PayPal community.
Well,right now I have no intention to withdraw or send my money from PayPal and just need to keep it in my account till this problem can be resolved.I'll be aware of the risk using PayPal in my business.
Could any colleague tell me the process to claim my money into my account at PayPal? Is it possible for a person who has no US cards or Us bank account to claim the money he recieved into his account at PayPal?
Thank you for your help!
Yan Li.
Collapse

Yongmei Liu
Yongmei Liu  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:34
English to Chinese
+ ...
Can you accept the money and save it for future use? May 30, 2004

My understanding is you have to have a verified PayPal account to WITHDRAW money.

If you can accept the moeny, you can buy things from the Internet later.

May I ask how much money is involved here?

YanLi wrote:

Thank you in advance!

Andreas Yan
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes,I just need to accept money. May 31, 2004

Yongmei Liu wrote:

Yes,that's the reason I accept this job offer.I don't need to withdraw the money and it is not too much,only about 100 USD.I just need to claim it.
However,I can not accept it at PayPal because I could not complete the process to claim this money.I don't know where the problem is.Any suggestions or experiences or which process I should follow at PayPal? Is this clear enough?
... See more
Yongmei Liu wrote:

Yes,that's the reason I accept this job offer.I don't need to withdraw the money and it is not too much,only about 100 USD.I just need to claim it.
However,I can not accept it at PayPal because I could not complete the process to claim this money.I don't know where the problem is.Any suggestions or experiences or which process I should follow at PayPal? Is this clear enough?
Thank you!
Yan Li.
Collapse

Zong Yang Yu
Zong Yang Yu  Identity Verified
China
Member (2004)
English to Chinese
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Get 3-digit PIN number from your issuing bank May 31, 2004

YanLi wrote:

Yongmei Liu wrote:

Thank you!
Yan Li.

[Edited at 2004-05-31 09:53]

You need to activate your Paypal account first with the last 3-digit PIN number on your card,which is usually sent from your issuing bank in a week after your application has been confirmed.

[Edited at 2004-05-31 10:00]

Andreas Yan
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Which 3-digit PIN number? From Bank of China? May 31, 2004

surfish wrote:
You need to activate your Paypal account first with the last 3-digit PIN number on your card,which is usually sent from your issuing bank in a week after your application has been confirmed.

Which 3-digit PIN number? From Bank of China?
You know that I have no US credit cards like VISA and also have no US bank account.Can I use the Greatwall Card issuing from Bank of China?
Thank you!

T_Herrmann (X)
T_Herrmann (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:34
German to English
+ ...
There seems to be a misunderstanding... May 31, 2004

Hi there,

I think there is a misunderstanding there, but feel free to correct me if Im wrong.

I have a colleague working out of Bejing who frequently receives PayPal payments from me and withdraws them to a Chinese bank. He doesnt have US credit cards either so this should work.

Usually the first source of error is the bank account is not verified, this is what u have to do:

When you first signed up for PayPal you have entered your account numb
... See more
Hi there,

I think there is a misunderstanding there, but feel free to correct me if Im wrong.

I have a colleague working out of Bejing who frequently receives PayPal payments from me and withdraws them to a Chinese bank. He doesnt have US credit cards either so this should work.

Usually the first source of error is the bank account is not verified, this is what u have to do:

When you first signed up for PayPal you have entered your account number and routing number of your local bank. What happens when u do this is PayPal will withdraw an amount equal of USD 1.95 from this account.

When you get your next monthly bank statement you will see this $1.95 withdrawal saying: Receiver PayPal Inc. Use: SignUp fee followed by a 3 digit number. So it would read like:

Use: SignUp Fee 123

Once you have your bank statement you need to access your PayPal account, click on the "Verify Account" link to the left, and enter the 3 DIGIT NUMBER that is listed behind the "Account Setup Fee" line on your monthly bank account statement.

Even better if you have online banking - because it will show up there as well as debit/withrawal by PayPal Inc.

Depending on where you are and how your bank works it may take up to 10 days until you see this debit/withdrawal in your bank statement.

Only then will you be able to do anything with your PayPal account at all.

Let me know if this clears the issue.

Good luck and hope this helped.
Collapse

Andreas Yan
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Where can I add my local bank account to my PayPal account at PayPal page? Jun 1, 2004

T_Herrmann wrote:

Hi there,

When you first signed up for PayPal you have entered your account number and routing number of your local bank. What happens when u do this is PayPal will withdraw an amount equal of USD 1.95 from this account.

When you get your next monthly bank statement you will see this $1.95 withdrawal saying: Receiver PayPal Inc. Use: SignUp fee followed by a 3 digit number. So it would read like:

Use: SignUp Fee 123

Once you have your bank statement you need to access your PayPal account, click on the "Verify Account" link to the left, and enter the 3 DIGIT NUMBER that is listed behind the "Account Setup Fee" line on your monthly bank account statement.

Even better if you have online banking - because it will show up there as well as debit/withrawal by PayPal Inc.

Depending on where you are and how your bank works it may take up to 10 days until you see this debit/withdrawal in your bank statement.

Only then will you be able to do anything with your PayPal account at all.

Let me know if this clears the issue.

Good luck and hope this helped.

Hi, Herrmann:
Thank you for your help!
Yes,the problem is that I can not activate my PayPal account(in other words,my PayPal account is not verified) .
Now,here comes the problem.When I try to activate my PayPal account or verify it or enroll in PayPal's Expanded Use Program,there alway comes this ¡°Add Credit Card or Debit Card ¡±page.Only VISA,Mastercard and other two cards are listed on this page that I can add.I don't have those cards and I only have local bank account.I don't know where I can enter my account number and routing number of my local bank at PayPal.Which process is right for me to follow,you know,I am not very good at dealing with banking.
Do I made it clear enough ?
Thanks again !
Yan Li.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem to receive money through PayPal!

Translation news

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »