Bad payer
Thread poster: japindia

japindia
India
Local time: 16:19
Japanese to English
+ ...
Feb 26, 2012

I am a Japanese freelancer and I worked for one of the translation agencies in Thailand in Sep 2011. I completed the work on time. The agency told me to pay me the full payment in Oct 2011, however I have not received the payment yet. They are not replying to my mails and phone calls, What should I do, what action shall I take against that agency. Please help me.
Thanks in advance.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:49
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Add to the Blueboard Feb 26, 2012

As the first step, add the company to Proz.com's Blueboard, or if it exists already, add your rating (a 1 to indicare you are not at all likely to work for them again), to help others keep away from this company given that they do not seem to be reliable business partners.

4leavedClover  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 13:49
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Add to the Blue Board Feb 26, 2012

I agree with Tomás Cano Binder. I put my 1 for an agency at the Blue Board and they paid me a little later. Hope this will help!

japindia
India
Local time: 16:19
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 26, 2012

Thanks for the help, however how can I get the payment.

Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:49
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
So did I Feb 27, 2012

4leavedClover wrote:

I agree with Tomás Cano Binder. I put my 1 for an agency at the Blue Board and they paid me a little later. Hope this will help!

One agency did pay shortly after my entry on their BB record. The other agency.... has not reacted in any way, still owing me money.icon_frown.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bad payer

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search