German Tax Residence Certificate for Spain
Thread poster: Jonathan MacKerron

Jonathan MacKerron  Identity Verified
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Mar 5, 2012

Hi All,
A Spanish agency has just asked me to provide a Tax Residence Certificate for a bill of €90. I did something for them last year and they didn't require one at that time. My bill already listed my German VAT-ID.
I have found a form entitled "Bescheinigung über die Ansässigkeit im Inland", is this the correct one?
Can the agency require that I provide this form as a prerequisite for payment? I was not aked about this at the time they offered me the job.
Does anyone know how I go about having the form approved? I'm assuming I need to submit it to my local tax office, have them stamp it, then send a copy (or original?) to the agency? Do I have to pay for this service?
Thank you for any light you can shed on this matter,

[Edited at 2012-03-05 12:07 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-03-05 12:08 GMT]


Ann Krol  Identity Verified
Member (2008)
Polish to English
+ ...
Tax registration certificate Mar 5, 2012

It's strange but can you send them a scanned copy of your German tax registration certificate with your German tax registration number?



Stephanie Busch  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:57
Member (2010)
English to German
+ ...
Ansässigkeitsbescheinigung / Certificate of Residence Mar 5, 2012

Hi Jonathan,

I needed one of these last year, and the agency in question sent me a template, so I knew what to look for.

You can complete the form on line and mail/email it to your local tax office, who will stamp and mail it back to you.

You might have to do a bit of explaining to the people at your tax office, as they will probably never have heard of this form.

I did not have to pay for this service.

The form is available from the Finance Ministry's form management server:

On this page, you need to click "Formularsuche" and type "Ansässigkeitsbescheinigung" into the "Suchbegriff" field.

From the results you can choose e.g. the German (/English) or the German/Spanish version.

Please note that there are two pages to the form.



Jonathan MacKerron  Identity Verified
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
@Stephanie Mar 5, 2012

Great! This looks like just the link I was looking for.
However, the agency has since informed me that they will also accept a copy of my USt-IdNr. form, so hopefully that will suffice. I'll jot down the link nevertheless for future reference.
Thanks again for your assistance.


Sandeep Kaur
Tax residency certificate Nov 27, 2013

Dear all

In India its new law which is enforced. we are agent in india and want german tax residence certificate for India from a german company. they need to give in writing that they do not have any branch in India or else 40% TDS will be deducted. The company in germany is not aware of this and thus i need to know that from where can i get sample of trc so that we can show that to german company


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

German Tax Residence Certificate for Spain

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search