Rates for MetaTags translation EN>SP?
Thread poster: Laurie Price

Laurie Price  Identity Verified
Mexico
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 27, 2012

I wonder if anyone would be willing to give me some ballpark figures for this kind of work? I know Nothing about it, but forwarded a potential job offer to a native Spanish speaking translator friend and we're trying to figure out what the normal rates for this usually are.

Thanks in advance, Proz. community.

Direct link Reply with quote

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Title edited by Moderator so post irrelevant

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:53
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Individual words Mar 27, 2012

Well, all I can say as general information is that what you will be facing paragraphs made of lists of individual, sometimes unrelated nouns and concepts, separated by commas or other separators, no articles, very few prepositions, with customer-specific terminology.

I recommend to be careful when quoting for this kind of work, since you will see that the time required to translate this can be much longer than regular text.

At best, and as with any other translation job, you should request a fair sample of the work before quoting.

Good luck!

Laurie Price  Identity Verified
Mexico
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks so much for answering, Tomas -- Apr 2, 2012

Somehow I had a feeling that *that* would be the case ...

Best, L.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rates for MetaTags translation EN>SP?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search