Rates for MetaTags translation EN>SP?
Thread poster: Laurie Price

Laurie Price  Identity Verified
Mexico
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 27, 2012

I wonder if anyone would be willing to give me some ballpark figures for this kind of work? I know Nothing about it, but forwarded a potential job offer to a native Spanish speaking translator friend and we're trying to figure out what the normal rates for this usually are.

Thanks in advance, Proz. community.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Title edited by Moderator so post irrelevant

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:45
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Individual words Mar 27, 2012

Well, all I can say as general information is that what you will be facing paragraphs made of lists of individual, sometimes unrelated nouns and concepts, separated by commas or other separators, no articles, very few prepositions, with customer-specific terminology.

I recommend to be careful when quoting for this kind of work, since you will see that the time required to translate this can be much longer than regular text.

At best, and as with any other translation job, you should request a fair sample of the work before quoting.

Good luck!

Laurie Price  Identity Verified
Mexico
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks so much for answering, Tomas -- Apr 2, 2012

Somehow I had a feeling that *that* would be the case ...

Best, L.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rates for MetaTags translation EN>SP?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search