Delayed payment with no contact
Thread poster: Sonie Sung

Sonie Sung  Identity Verified
South Korea
Member (2011)
English to Korean
Apr 11, 2012

hello

i worked for a big project which is over 20,000 words this February.

I delivered all works on time and my work quality had no issue when it's delivered, even their requirements were so much (the agency and its 3rd party client) as regarding their low rate.

But when it's came to payment at the end of March, they stopped contact me with no payment and I could not have contacted the agency.

I sent many emails to the major staff, their client and the agency's blueboard contact since the due payment, but it's in vain.

How can I work with this matter?

i submitted blueboard entry as 1 level, but it also no help.

the agency in China and I am in UK, so it's hard to contact directly by phone call.

please help me.

thank you

[Edited at 2012-04-11 11:55 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

neilmac  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:36
Spanish to English
+ ...
Seems rather soon Apr 11, 2012

Sonie Sung wrote:

I worked for a big project ... from this February to March.

But when it came to payment at the end of March, they stopped contact me with no payment ...

If the project was from February to March, and the date today is only the 11th of April, perhaps you are being a little hasty in taking the matter further? Most of my clients pay 30 60 or 90 days after receiving my invoice, which I consider normal business payment terms. Most of the the other BB ratings for your outsourcer are good, so I'd give the agency the beneft of the doubt in the meantime - they may simply be too busy to reply to your queries.

South Korea
Member (2011)
English to Korean
TOPIC STARTER
Project delivery Apr 11, 2012

neilmac wrote:

Sonie Sung wrote:

I worked for a big project ... from this February to March.

But when it came to payment at the end of March, they stopped contact me with no payment ...

If the project was from February to March, and the date today is only the 11th of April, perhaps you are being a little hasty in taking the matter further? Most of my clients pay 30 60 or 90 days after receiving my invoice, which I consider normal business payment terms. Most of the the other BB ratings for your outsourcer are good, so I'd give the agency the beneft of the doubt in the meantime - they may simply be too busy to reply to your queries.

sorry I made mistake, the project delivery with invoice was the end of February but got contacts often from the agency during March.
In the contract document, the payment term is 30 days and if work delivery is late there would be reduction from whole payment.
But I never delayed.

the important matter is that they pressurised over me too much during project with further requirements, but no reply for payment when it's done with busy execution.

everyone is busy for own work, but can make 1 min. for reply at least for responsibility.

Miss Language
Local time: 23:36
German to English
+ ...
Payment delay Apr 11, 2012

TRUE - everyone has this 1 minute...i have the same problems, i am really desperate and afraid i will never see my money(

South Korea
Member (2011)
English to Korean
TOPIC STARTER
Payment delay and No contact Apr 11, 2012

writing4u wrote:

TRUE - everyone has this 1 minute...i have the same problems, i am really desperate and afraid i will never see my money(

Hi, I just got response from the middle client after submitting 1 level entry with comment in blueboard. have you submitted entry for your matter?

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Requested editions not made.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Delayed payment with no contact

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search