Outsourcer in China stopped contact when it's time to make payment
Thread poster: Sonie Sung

Sonie Sung  Identity Verified
South Korea
English to Korean
May 24, 2012

Hello, please help me

I did a big project approx.1700 USD this February with 30 day payment conditions.

During the work load, the outsourcer played with two people, one was job poster and another one called 'sub-client' ( but guess that they're all related).
2 weeks ago, the sub-client contacted me to ask new job and said that she paid for the previous big job to the agency, but the agency neither has made payment nor contact me since middle of April.

The non-payment is involved in work that I have done and delivered on time, without quality complaints, I already used the Blue Board to provide feedback on the outsourcer.
But the outsourcer said that Blue Board feedback does not bothering or any effect on him, and worse there is only my feedback is for non-payment that doesn't apply for the termination rule in proz ( 2 feedback for termination )

It's almost 3 months delayed payment and Since I joined proz 2011, it's never had happened.

I am not sure what to do and any ideas about what I can do, just so desperate.

Albert Golub  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:08
English to French
Really sorry for you May 24, 2012

There must be a SK Trade representative in China. I am not sure of what they can do but it may help.
Hope you will get paid

Sonie Sung  Identity Verified
South Korea
English to Korean
TOPIC STARTER
Saskatchewan Representative Office China ? May 24, 2012

thank you very much for your reply, but the SK Trade representative in China is Saskatchewan Representative Office China ?

I found it's forms the first Western Canada Trade and Investment Office then it's not quite related to get help for my case?

Albert Golub  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:08
English to French
by SK May 24, 2012

I meant South Korea

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Outsourcer in China stopped contact when it's time to make payment

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search