How to collect debt in China
Thread poster: Sonie Sung

Sonie Sung  Identity Verified
South Korea
Member (2011)
English to Korean
May 30, 2012

Hello

I have not received a payment at all from an outsourcer in China.

The payment should be made at the end of March, but the outsourcer neither made it nor contacted me since April. there was no issues over delivery time or translation quality.

The amount is 2117 USD (3 months delayed fee + 30%) which is too big to lose that I'd like to take legal action for this unfair cheat.

Those anyone knows effective debt collectors in China or how to take legal action on online crime in China ?

thank you

Direct link Reply with quote

Pierret Adrien  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 09:06
Chinese to French
+ ...
Did you check the profile of the company ? May 31, 2012

Taking legal action in China can be very tricky, and it will be hard to advise you without more information on the company you dealt with. So I can not really tell you much on debt collecting, but I can give these advices : be very careful about the profile of the companies you are dealing with in China. When you sign a contract, always ask to be sent those documents :
税务登记证
企业法人营业执照
组织机构代码证
Long story short, they are needed for making a contract legal, and starting a lawsuit if need is. Any properly established company should have no problem and show no reluctance in sending them to you, and most of the time this is enough of a guarantee.
If you do not have them, well... it's not a good start.

South Korea
Member (2011)
English to Korean
TOPIC STARTER
the profile of the company in China May 31, 2012

As I did not know anything about those documents, thank you very much for your information.

Vincent Zhou  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:06
English to Chinese
+ ...
an effective way Jun 17, 2012

To entrust someone to collect the money directly in their office may work.

South Korea
Member (2011)
English to Korean
TOPIC STARTER
Collected by Threatening Jun 17, 2012

Hi, Vincent

Thank you to leave comment.

Finally I could receive nearly 4 months delayed payment 2 days ago with blame instead of apology (!!!!) by threatening him through entrust friend in China.

Such unprofessional person with crooked mind outsourcer whom never met and got big lessen from this case.

[Edited at 2012-06-17 10:04 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to collect debt in China

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search