RENTA / PADRE: non-paying client
Thread poster: fr54ert
Jun 7, 2012

Dear all,

I work as an autonomo in Spain. In 2011, I had an EU-client who didnt pay me to date. However, I already paid income tax on this amount in 4T of 2011. Invoice is dated Nov 2011.

Where in Padre can I declare a non-payment?
How to get my money back? Is there a tick box I need to tick, like "non-paying client declaration"?
Am I already allowed to declare this invoice as unpaid, or is there something like a minimum waiting time like 1 year?

Hope somebody can help.

Thanks so much, as always

Just came back from the Hacienda here in Madrid, and after 2 years of great experience with them (seriously!) I unfortunately today realized, that one should avoid any visit between April and July due to an overwhelming amount of visitors trying to file their Renta 2011.

Hacienda tries to manage the chaos by employing more people in the support team. Unfortunately also employees without the knowledge to address my issue.

Direct link Reply with quote

neilmac  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:43
Spanish to English
+ ...
My advice Jun 7, 2012

I wouldn't try to use the PADRE software to do my own tax return, since I don't trust them, due to the lack of knowledge you mentioned, and personal experience being told different things by different factotums in different Hacienda offices.

I now get a gestor or accountant to do it for me and that way I let them do their job and I can get on with mine. The time I save queueing (I'll never get used to how that word looks written down) makes up for what I pay them to do my quarterly and annual returns.

And finally, I wouldn't worry about it too much. They have bigger fish to fry right now...

[Edited at 2012-06-07 17:30 GMT]

PS: Maybe that should be "factota"... ?

[Edited at 2012-06-07 17:31 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:43
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
A credit note? Jun 7, 2012

I think you should probably issue a credit note for the amount that you know will be impossible to recover. If you ever get paid, issue the invoice again. I would nevertheless confirm this with the Agencia Tributaria in case there are special rules governing uncollectables.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ann Krol  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:43
Member (2008)
English to Polish
+ ...
consultar un asesor fiscal Jun 8, 2012

Porque no preguntar un asesor fiscal? Es como hago con mi delcaracion. En este caso no puedo darte respuesta porque nunca no tenía este problema, pero te recomiendo consultar un asesor fiscal en tu ciudad

Buena suerte,

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

RENTA / PADRE: non-paying client

Advanced search
You’re a freelance translator? helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search