iKobo Again - asked two of my customers to use it. Both refused. Too much hassle?
Thread poster: Pablo Roufogalis
Pablo Roufogalis
Colombia
Local time: 14:04
English to Spanish
Jul 7, 2004

Hello to all.

I've asked two of my customers to send payment to my newly-opened iKobo account. Both refused.

I checked the site and couldn't find a straight FAQ on what is involved.

Is it too much of a hassle?

Do the ones sending payment need to open yet another account and disclose information?

Thanks in advance.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-07-07 16:28]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-07-07 16:28]

Direct link Reply with quote

Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:04
Czech to German
+ ...
Not much... Jul 7, 2004

Pablo Roufogalis wrote:
Do the ones sending payment need to open yet another account and disclose information?

Hi Pablo,

as far as I can see (on http://ikobo.com/send_money.php#) they have to disclose their credit card-number (on a secure website) and their mail-address for the log-in. But maybe for some people this is too much...

Good luck!

Charlotte

PS: Did you tell those clients that the first time they send money (up to USD 200) it is free?

Pablo Roufogalis
Colombia
Local time: 14:04
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jul 7, 2004

Thanks for the link, Charlotte.

It seems easy and safe enough.

I guess I'll have to do some sales efforts.

Thanks again and regards.

M.Badra  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 16:04
English to Portuguese
Ikobo payments should be funded with a credit card Jul 8, 2004

As far as I know, the only way to fund an Ikobo transfer is with a credit card. If the company does not have a corporate card, it would be quite difficult to account for the payment - they would need to pay a 3rd party that would then send the transfer using his/her personal CC. Even if the company has a corporate card, many banks consider those transfers as cash advances and many corporate cards are not allowed to take cash advances - and even if they are, no company is willing to pay the financial charges associated with them. Ikobo will become a feasible vehicle only when they deploy their "mass payment" feature - the company will then be able to send Ikobo a list of payments and send a single check to fund all of them at once.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

iKobo Again - asked two of my customers to use it. Both refused. Too much hassle?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search