Ganerdene Gantumur
Ganerdene Gantumur
United States
Local time: 10:08
Member (2011)
English to Mongolian
+ ...
Jun 15, 2012

How much is the current rate for interpretation from Mongolian into English and from English into Mongolian during court trials and depositions?

Henry Hinds
Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:08
English to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
Whatever you can get. Jun 16, 2012

Ask for as much as you can get, so go for plenty. Mongolian is a very "exotic" language so a good (or even bad) interpreter would be hard to find. On the other hand, don't sit around waiting for work as an interpreter; you may never get any. The demand would be next to nothing. So there would obviously be no "current rate" established.

On the other hand, let me know when you learn Spanish. There is a lot of demand and rates have been established in many locations. BTW, any language
... See more
Ask for as much as you can get, so go for plenty. Mongolian is a very "exotic" language so a good (or even bad) interpreter would be hard to find. On the other hand, don't sit around waiting for work as an interpreter; you may never get any. The demand would be next to nothing. So there would obviously be no "current rate" established.

On the other hand, let me know when you learn Spanish. There is a lot of demand and rates have been established in many locations. BTW, any language other than Spanish is "exotic", and yours is extremely so.

This reply relates to the USA, since that is apparently where you are. Good luck!
Collapse

LilianNekipelov
LilianNekipelov  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:08
Russian to English
+ ...
Interpreting rates for legal interpreting. Jun 28, 2012

The average interpreting rates for legal interpreting in the US range from $25 to $65/hr. They depend on the language, in most cases.

[Edited at 2012-06-28 18:21 GMT]

Ganerdene Gantumur
Ganerdene Gantumur
United States
Local time: 10:08
Member (2011)
English to Mongolian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! Jun 28, 2012

Thank you very much for all your comments and replies. I am going to raise my rate of 25$ to 50$ now.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Interpretation rates for deposition and trials

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »