Paypal withdrawal to debit card - what happens to the money?
Thread poster: LEXpert

LEXpert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:43
Member (2008)
Croatian to English
+ ...
Aug 5, 2012

If you are in one of the countries (e.g., certain central and east European countries) where Paypal withdrawals cannot be made to a local bank account, but only to a US bank account or a debit/credit card, can you tell me what happens to the money when it is withdrawn to a debit card? Does it just appear as a credit in the balance of the bank account to which the debit card is linked? After all, it can't really stay "on" the debit card, which has no balance of its own, but is just a means of accessing funds in the underlying bank account.
Thanks,
Rudi

Lucica Abil  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 05:43
Member (2005)
Italian to Romanian
+ ...

Debit card issued by a Romanian bank Aug 6, 2012

It appears as a credit in the balance of the bank account to which my debit card is linked.

János Untener  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 04:43
Member (2010)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
agree with Lucica Aug 6, 2012

You should test it with a small amount (like €10) if you are afraid it might get lost.
It takes 2-3 days to arrive, and for some reason (maybe that's just my bank) my bank
does not charge a receiving fee so you won't lose money on the transaction.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Paypal withdrawal to debit card - what happens to the money?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search