Will I get paid? And How to follow the payment from the agency?
Thread poster: schmeichel38

schmeichel38  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 17:21
Member (2012)
English to Thai
+ ...
Aug 8, 2012

I have worked for translation agency located in Canada (but the PO/invoice stated the address in England) in June and July 2012 for 3 projects. I already sent the invoices to the company and (absolutely) forgot this.

Today I see the job posted in Proz by this company, which remind me about the payment. Then I find that the payment is overdue almost 2 months and the blueboard of this company get worse score. There are some translators do not get paid or get paid quite late as well (some says 8 months late).

I try to write e-mail to them, but no one response.

Would anyone give me any advise? What should I do?

Thank you

Direct link Reply with quote

Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:21
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Keep trying to contact them Aug 8, 2012

schmeichel38 wrote:

I have worked for translation agency located in Canada (but the PO/invoice stated the address in England) in June and July 2012 for 3 projects. I already sent the invoices to the company and (absolutely) forgot this.

Today I see the job posted in Proz by this company, which remind me about the payment. Then I find that the payment is overdue almost 2 months and the blueboard of this company get worse score. There are some translators do not get paid or get paid quite late as well (some says 8 months late).

I try to write e-mail to them, but no one response.

Would anyone give me any advise? What should I do?

Thank you

You need to remember that they owe you money for a start! Dear oh dear, fancy forgetting an outstanding invoice!

I can't imagine that the work done in July is overdue is it? Most of us give our clients 30 days (or even 30 days month end) to pay - but I know that some translators only accept almost-immediate payments (and more power to them!). Still, I would imagine the June payment is overdue and so you need to try again to contact them. You say you sent an email to the normal email address, but didn't get a reply. Have you tried finding other email addresses for them? Their website contact form? Telephone numbers? Fax number? Remember that one email address could have a problem, or maybe it relates to one PM who is on holiday at the moment - if they haven't received the email then they wouldn't answer you. If you really can't contact them by email or phone, then send a reminder by old-style post, with a copy of the invoice just so they can't say they never received it.

Good luck!

Sheila

Joakim Braun  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 11:21
German to Swedish
+ ...
EU small claims procedure Aug 8, 2012

http://europa.eu/legislation_summaries/consumers/protection_of_consumers/l16028_en.htm

Send'em a brief, formal registered letter (not an e-mail) stating your claim and informing them that unpaid bills will end up in court.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Will I get paid? And How to follow the payment from the agency?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 for €415/$495 with free eLearning
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 For this month only – receive SDL Trados Studio 2017 - Getting Started eLearning for FREE.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search