Reporting bad experiences with agencies outside Blue Board
Thread poster: Eno Damo (X)

Eno Damo (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:01
English to Albanian
+ ...
Jul 29, 2004

Hi,

I would like to report my bad experience with a US agency, but I am not a Platinium member and I can't access the Blue Board. Is it any other way that I can do it here on Proz? What about other lists, where I can report this fradulent agency, so nobody will ever work for them in the future.

Thank you in advance,

Eno Damo

Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:01
English to Turkish
+ ...
Still make an entry in the BB Jul 29, 2004

for the good of all of usicon_wink.gif You don't need to be a Platinum member or pay 50 browniz to make an agency entry in the Blue Board - to the best of my knowledge.

There is also the Payment Practices list where you can subscribe at http://www.trwenterprises.com

Hope this helpsicon_smile.gif

Gitte Gifford
English to Danish
+ ...
Free boards Jul 29, 2004

"You don't need to be a Platinum member or pay 50 browniz", yes you do:)
But there are other free boards dealing with that.

Try TranslationDirectory.com, and Payment Practices and Zahlung Praxis on Yahoo + Transpayment.

Lorena Becker
Local time: 21:01
English to Spanish
+ ...
You can post a comment on BB Jul 29, 2004

Hi Eno,
Although you are not a Platinum Member, you can post a comment about such agency. What you cannot do (if you are not a platinum member) is to view other people's comments.
Regards,
Lorena

Elías Sauza  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 19:01
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Don't forget to write to a job moderator Jul 30, 2004

This is what the policy says:

5. I am not a Platinum Member...can I still see ratings?

Yes. Login and click on the name of the client you wish to review. You will be prompted to make a payment of browniz or cash.

But you can join other review lists: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pp_dist/

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Clarifying BlueBoard issues Jul 30, 2004

A few statements about the BlueBoard were made in this thread, which I'd like to comment on; also, I'm moving the thread to ProZ.com Job Systems.

On a general note, please have a look at the BB FAQ - most queries are answered there.

Eno Damo wrote:

Hi,

I would like to report my bad experience with a US agency, but I am not a Platinium member and I can't access the Blue Board.

Of course you can - rating is free, and access to other people's ratings is also possible for non-Platinum members, either by 'paying' BrowniZ or against cash. In this context, you may want to consider Platinum membership as a season ticket to the BlueBoard - non-Platinum members need to get a single ticket each time. (Note that once you have 'bought a ticket' for a particular outsourcer, you can come back without paying again.)

Gitte Hoejland wrote:

"You don't need to be a Platinum member or pay 50 browniz", yes you do

Er, no - Xola's comment referred to entering a rating, which is free.

lorebecker wrote:
What you cannot do (if you are not a platinum member) is to view other people's comments.

You can, but against payment.

Hope this clarifies a few things.
Best regards, Ralf

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reporting bad experiences with agencies outside Blue Board

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search