Translation rates in UK - feedback needed
Thread poster: Analaissa
Analaissa
Local time: 23:17
French to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 19, 2012

I want to work as a freelance for an agency in the Uk. I have to fill up a form in which they are asking me my rates and I am not sure about it. I translate from English and French to Spanish. Spanish to French. My native languages are Spanish and French.

Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

neilmac  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:17
Spanish to English
+ ...
Ask them Oct 19, 2012

Why not ask the agency what rates they expect to pay you? Otherwise you run the risk of underselling yourself, or asking so much that they never contact you.

One agency contacted me yesterday and I was about to take the job when I discovered they were only going to pay 4 cents (euro) per word, which is about 50% of my usual rate, so I politely declined.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation rates in UK - feedback needed

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search