Konstantin Kisin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:55
Member (2004)
Russian to English
+ ...
Aug 13, 2004

Hi there,

I have been offered a job as a remote translator for a large Russian company based in Moscow. The job involves translating around 10 pages (1.5-2k symbols with spaces) of A4 per day + occasional one-off urgent jobs. I have 2-2.5 years of translation in the industry and the work is mostly the company’s PR issues.

I would be grateful for any advice regarding:

1. Potential salary and method of payment (per word, per page, per symbol, per month). I would like the job so I don't want to push my luck but I would also like to be paid appropriately for my work, which I consider to be of high quality.
2. Getting my salary from Russia to the UK, where I live, at minimum cost.
3. Any issues I haven’t thought about in relation to working for a Russian company from the UK.

Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Remote job in a Russian company, salary advice

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search