New e-payment method for translators
Thread poster: Malika Lakbiach

Malika Lakbiach  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:10
Dutch to Arabic
+ ...
Mar 25, 2013

As I was reading a thread on one of the translators groups on another site I stumbled across the article below, announcing a new e-payment method for translators:TranslatorPay. While this method is similar to PayPal and Skrill, the founders claim that TranslatorPay is completely cost-free for the translators and that they receive their full funds into their local bank accounts with no deductions. This is apparently achieved by handling the foreign currency conversions at the cheapest rates, much cheaper than what the paying client could get from their own bank.

I wonder if this is a legitimate service that could save the translators transfer charges, or just another crook on the internet.

Has any of the colleagues heard about this service and/or used it recently. If so, I would appreciate it if you could share your experience with the rest of us.

These are the links to the article and the website of TranslatorPay:

http://www.commonsenseadvisory.com/Default.aspx?Contenttype=ArticleDetAD&tabID=63&Aid=4875&moduleId=390&goback=.gde_2358826_member_223430361

http://www.translatorpay.com/Home.aspx

PS. I just saw that there is already a thread running with the same topic - duh! (but I have searched the site for the topic before I posted mine!).

Anyway, here is the previous post by Russell Jones:http://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/245329-low_cost_system_for_international_payments.html

[Edited at 2013-03-25 22:47 GMT]

Abdul Mukhid  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 23:10
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Interesting Mar 25, 2013

Interesting I will give a try...thanks for the info

Abdul

Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:10
Member (2003)
German to Dutch
+ ...
I'm really curious why they aren't advertising over here Mar 26, 2013

I'm really curious why they aren't advertising over here.

Gerard

Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
A great way... Mar 26, 2013

... to do business for translators.

However, the way TranslatorPay works is by "debiting" all transaction costs to the sender.
There are clients who are willing to cover all fees, but fact is that most clients won't accept to pay all the fees. There are, of course, exeptions to the "rule".icon_smile.gif

Oksana Weiss  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2011)
English to Russian
+ ...
Interesting! Mar 26, 2013

Thayenga wrote:
However, the way TranslatorPay works is by "debiting" all transaction costs to the sender.

Thank you for this useful information, Thayenga! Do you have any idea how much are these actual costs?

Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Link to another thread Mar 26, 2013

This has been discussed in another Money Matters thread, following a news article published on the site. nHere's the link to that thread so everybody can profit from the full discussion:

http://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/245329-low_cost_system_for_international_payments.html

Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Fees Mar 26, 2013

Oksana Zoria wrote:

Thayenga wrote:

Thank you for this useful information, Thayenga! Do you have any idea how much are these actual costs?

Hi Oksana,

I've checked part of their site, however, thus far I havent found any price information.

Perhaps you might want to check out Sheila's link. One of our colleagues has registered with them and might be willing to provide you with more information.

Regards,

Thayenga

Malika Lakbiach  Identity Verified
Dutch to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Previous post Mar 26, 2013

Sheila Wilson wrote:

This has been discussed in another Money Matters thread, following a news article published on the site. nHere's the link to that thread so everybody can profit from the full discussion:

http://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/245329-low_cost_system_for_international_payments.html

Sheila, I had already mentioned the same link in my post. But, anyway thanks for posting it again.

Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Interesting Mar 26, 2013

Malika Lakbiach wrote:
Sheila, I had already mentioned the same link in my post. But, anyway thanks for posting it again.

I've heard reports of a few of these glitches lately: your edit certainly wasn't visible to me when I posted. Anyway, twice is far better than none!icon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New e-payment method for translators

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search