Experience with Payoneer?
Thread poster: Giovanni Rengifo

Giovanni Rengifo
Colombia
Local time: 09:03
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 8, 2013

I recently found out that there is a new on-line payment system, but I don't know anyone who's actually using it.

Does anybody have any experience with this?
I'd be particularly interested to know if this has worked for other colleagues, particularly those based in Colombia where Paypal payments continue to be a headache.

Direct link Reply with quote

felicij  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:03
German to Slovenian
+ ...
I use it May 8, 2013

and I like it a lot. It's a prepaid card and a Master card at the same time. Monthly administration fee is $3. The only difference is that you have no limit (you can spend only the amount you have in your account) and it is billed immediatelly.

The procedure of loading money is described on their website. I Recommend it.

Giovanni Rengifo
Colombia
Local time: 09:03
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
CREDIT OR DEBIT May 8, 2013

Thank you for commenting on this.
Is it a credit or a debit card?
And where are you located? if I may ask.

German to Slovenian
+ ...
It's a debit card May 8, 2013

and I live in Slovenia (Europe). The card issuer is from Belize and I have used it for online payments and for payments in many foreign countries. There were no problems at all with it.

Anton Konashenok  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Russian to English
+ ...
Just looked it up May 8, 2013

According to their site, the card costs $30 per year, an almost 4% fee is assessed when loading the card with money, and a transaction fee up to 3% may be assessed for purchases in currencies other than USD. Looks like a total ripoff to me.

German to Slovenian
+ ...
It is cheaper than a MasterCard May 8, 2013

in my country and I had no fees with loading the money. I always got the agreed upon amount. I have been using it since November 2011 and have much less fees than with my Visa electron...

roguestate
Local time: 17:03
Swedish to English
+ ...
Moneybookers/Skrill May 10, 2013

I've been using this Mastercard since 2009.

€10/year fee. Loading it costs no more than a bank transfer. Purchases are free, and there's a 1.8% fee for cash withdrawals at ATMs.

They've just sent me a new card, no fee for that either.

Now for a tip like that, you'd reward me by PM me your e-mail so that I can refer you & earn a bauble

Nissim-Payoneer
Local time: 10:03
Payoneer May 11, 2013

Hi Guys,

My name is Nissim, I'm a Community Manager at Payoneer. Thanks for mentioning us, and for the great feedback!

In regards to your question, we have many users in Colombia using our service to withdraw funds from PayPal. We have a service called the US Payment Service, which provides you with a US account/routing number that is linked to your Payoneer card. This service is for anyone looking to get paid via US ACH, from select US companies, for work done online such as translation services, freelancing, affiliate networks, and more. The way it works is that all payments received to your US Payment Service are automatically loaded to your Payoneer card, which can be used worldwide where MasterCard is accepted.

If anyone has any questions about Payoneer, I'd be more than happy to answer them.

[Edited at 2013-05-16 06:42 GMT]

mafuerst
Switzerland
Payoneer was my worst ever Customer support experience. Oct 7, 2013

Payoneer was my worst ever Customer support experience. My girlfriend is a webcam model from South Africa, after waiting 4 weeks for the account to be opened, they emailed us "declined for undisclosed reasons". Support is unavailable. They are mostly rassists and Rednecks, extremely unhelpful even if they say they endorse both LiveJasmin & Streamate. Beware of them, its just a waste of time, most of all very unfriendly & unprofessional!

Best Regards from Switzerland

Melisa-Payoneer
Local time: 10:03
Payoneer Oct 23, 2013

Hi mafuerst! My name is Melisa and I'm a Community Manager at Payoneer. I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience with our Customer Support team. While I can advise that accounts are closed only if their activity is not compatible with our Terms & Conditions, I'd be more than happy to take a look at your account. Please feel free to contact me at melisasu@payoneer.com.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Experience with Payoneer?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search