Seeking advice on transcreation rate for a print ad (urgent)
Thread poster: Ronnie Hung

Ronnie Hung
Local time: 09:11
English to Chinese
May 14, 2013

May I know what's the standard rate for the transcreation of a print ad with a tricky headline (2 options with backtranslation and rationale needed) and about 50-100 words of body copy by an experienced writer (10+ yrs of experience). Many thanks.

dropinka  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
No standard rates May 14, 2013

Hi Ronnie,

I'm afraid there are no standard rates. As far as I know, each project is priced individually based on many factors (difficulty of the assignment, importance of the brand, scope of the campaign etc.). All this said, and considering the language pair is English>Chinese (correct me if I'm wrong), I'd suggest something like €100.

Claudia

Ronnie Hung
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Seeking for a range of price May 15, 2013

Thank you Claudia.

Yes you are right. I know there is no such thing as a "standard rate". I just want to hear something like an acceptable range of price from different people.icon_wink.gif

Ronnie Hung
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
just an update May 16, 2013

Finally it turns out that the clients' budget is only about USD15 per print ad! Of course I've turned them down immediately as I think this is a ridiculously low fee.

dropinka  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
:( May 16, 2013

Steer clear of cheapskates... That's all I can say. You made the right decision.

Claudia

[Edited at 2013-05-16 11:37 GMT]

Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:11
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
They'll get what they pay for May 16, 2013

At best, they're likely to get drab copy. At worst, they could get copy that badly misrepresents them or their product and could cost them in the courts.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Seeking advice on transcreation rate for a print ad (urgent)

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search