Is it still possible to use PayPal to make a transfer from Argentina to the US?
Thread poster: Triston Goodwin

Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:34
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 21, 2013

Hola! Does any one know if Kirchner's still prohibiting the transfer of money from Argentina to the US? I hear that Western Union is completely out of the question, but does paypal still work?

I have a few invoices that I wanted to issue, they're all small amounts and for friends, so if I can't accept their payments it isn't a big deal. We do want to expand our business in Argentina though and we'll need to figure all of this out beforehand.

Gracias!

Mostafa Dehqan  Identity Verified
Iran
Local time: 10:04
Member (2011)
Farsi (Persian) to English
+ ...
Paypal is working for Argentina to US Jul 21, 2013

Dear Triston

I checked Paypal and I see that it is accepting payments from Argentina to US. For a comprehensive list of Paypal international services, you can check this link:

https://www.paypal.com/worldwide/

I hope this is of help to you

Best Regards,

Mostafa Dehqan
CEO/Founder of Pars Translation Services
www.transpars.com

Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:34
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I read that as well... Jul 21, 2013

However I'm still finding material and commentary that the Argentine president isn't allowing funds to leave the country, or is at least trying to limit it. Western Union is no longer allowed to send money to the US, for example. There have been some legal and financial issues between our countries for a while and it's causing trouble, which is why I'm curious if anyone has had any problems sending funds outside of the country.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it still possible to use PayPal to make a transfer from Argentina to the US?

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search