Thread poster: MariusV

MariusV  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 11:05
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Jul 30, 2013

Hi,

I have quite a weird situation - did a big project for one company from Belgium, the amount is quite big and payment is overdue for over 2 months. When I sent reminders earlier, they used to feed me with various stories and promises (their accountant is away, "holiday time", they need to get a confiormation from their boss for the payment, etc.). And recently they stopped responding to my emails and reminders at all. I have a bad feeling that the company might face some cash flow problems or can even be on the edge of bankruyptcy (or something like that).

Is there any possibility to get some publicly available information from company register or from somewhere else about the "financial status" of the company, like their authorized/share capital, incomes/revenues/profit, their property, debts (if any), unpaid debts, etc.? And, if possible, contacts of some good debt collection agency from Belgium (hope this will not be needed, but...) ? as I am really getting nervous about the situation.

Marie-Helene Dubois  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:05
Spanish to English
+ ...
Hi Marius Jul 30, 2013

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.
Here is the link to the public searchable database of the Belgian companies' register:
http://economie.fgov.be/nl/modules/onlineservice/KBO/bce_public_search_odi.jsp

(the English doesn't work well - send me a PM if you want me to do the search for you)

You might be able to go down the European small claims route. Here are details on this:
http://europa.eu/legislation_summaries/consumers/protection_of_consumers/l16028_en.htm

You would first need to establish whether or not the company is solvent and the claim needs to be for under €2000.

If it's higher, it may definitely be worth finding a debt collector.

Good luck!

Teresa Borges
Portugal
Local time: 09:05
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Hi Marius Jul 30, 2013

Sorry to hear about your situation. Was the project done for a company or for a translation agency? As I am based in Belgium, if you wish contact me directly by email...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need information from Belgian company register

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search