Pradeep Neupane  Identity Verified
Nepal
Local time: 21:10
Member (2013)
English to Nepali
+ ...
Sep 15, 2013

Hi Everyone,

One of the US based agency paid me only 155 USD out of 213 USD since there was no agreement that I will bear the bank's wire charges. Now, when I ask to them about it none of the agency people reply my emails. There is loss of 57 USD and it is BIG amount for me.

Please suggest what I have to do in this situation. Shall I call them and ask for money? Will they pay or just it is again waste of time and money?

Direct link Reply with quote

Alistair Ian Spearing Ortiz  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:25
English to Spanish
+ ...
No agreement? Sep 15, 2013

If there was no specific agreement whatsoever, then the "default agreement" applies. This usually means they bear the fees charged by their bank and you bear those charged by yours.

Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:25
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Call them Sep 15, 2013

Give them a call and try to find out how high their bank fees were. Also check with your bank to see how much they have charged you for the transaction.

Alistair is correct. If there is no agreement, then both parties bear the bank fees on their side. Depending on how much your client had to pay and also on how much you were charged, there might be a chance that the amount you have received is correct. Some banks charge hefty fees.

Still, it is a "little" unprofessional that they don't answer your emails.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Big deduction of payment

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search