How much a translation of Arabic birth certificate into English would cost?
Thread poster: ladymia

ladymia
United States
Local time: 23:24
English to Polish
+ ...
Nov 1, 2013

I would like to know how much a translator would charge for a translation of a standard Arabic birth certificate into English.

LilianNekipelov  Identity Verified
United States
Russian to English
+ ...
Hi. The average rate for one page Birth Certificates Nov 1, 2013

in the US (into English) is $35-50, unless the language is really rare. Arabic is not that rare -- more within the medium range.

[Edited at 2013-11-01 16:39 GMT]

United States
Russian to English
+ ...
Nov 1, 2013

Extra. Sorry.

[Edited at 2013-11-01 16:41 GMT]

Tim Friese  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:24
Member (2013)
Arabic to English
+ ...
Agree Nov 1, 2013

LilianBNekipelo wrote:

in the US (into English) is $35-50, unless the language is really rare. Arabic is not that rare -- more within the medium range.

I think that range is quite reasonable. I would add that you might pay more for certain handwritten documents which I see a lot of in Arabic.

philgoddard
United States
Member (2009)
German to English
+ ...
. Nov 1, 2013

Is that all you'd charge to a direct client, Lilian? If I were having a birth certificate translated from Arabic, I'd be happy to pay twice that. And it is a relatively "rare" language in that not many English native speakers translate from it.

[Edited at 2013-11-01 22:52 GMT]

Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:24
Spanish to English
+ ...
Spanish too Nov 2, 2013

LilianBNekipelo wrote:

That's about what we charge for Spanish too. Arabic is becoming easier to find, at least here in my area. There are two or three other agencies, which are much bigger than mine, that have a dozen Arabic>English translators and interpreters.

United States
Russian to English
+ ...
Yes, this is what I charge a direct client, even though Nov 2, 2013

philgoddard wrote:

Is that all you'd charge to a direct client, Lilian? If I were having a birth certificate translated from Arabic, I'd be happy to pay twice that. And it is a relatively "rare" language in that not many English native speakers translate from it.

I don't translate too many Birth Certificates, maybe just a few a year. I mostly translate contracts and court-related papers. I think it is quite a standard fee. Arabic is not that rare, in New York, compared to Nenets, for example. I personally don't translate from Arabic, but the rates from the medium-rarity languages into English are similar, and I know what many translators charge here.

You don' t have to be a native speaker of English to translate an Arabic Birth Certificate -- this is one of the simplest documents, if you could read the script of course. Sometimes the handwriting might be very hard to read, on some older certificates, at least.

[Edited at 2013-11-02 10:35 GMT]

United States
Russian to English
+ ...
Yes, this is what I charge a direct client, even though Nov 2, 2013

philgoddard wrote:

I don't translate too many Birth Certificates, maybe just a few a year. I mostly translate contracts and court-related papers. I think it is quite a standard fee. Arabic is not that rare, in New York, compared to Nenets, for example. I personally don't translate from Arabic, but the rates from the medium-rarity languages into English are similar, and I know what many translators charge here.

Aisha Maniar  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:24
Member (2003)
Arabic to English
+ ...
Arabic-English translators are not that common Nov 6, 2013

While I cannot comment on rates in the US, if you are looking for a native speaker of English who translates Arabic, we are not common at all. There is also no such thing as a "standard" official certificate across almost 20 states. You may also want to consider the cost of getting the translation certified.
Regards, Aisha

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How much a translation of Arabic birth certificate into English would cost?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search