Thread poster: aureliel
aureliel
aureliel
Local time: 04:51
German to French
+ ...
Oct 24, 2004

hello !

I have a translation(technical: construction) for an agency in lux. Does anyone know sthg about the average rates (per line of 60 signs) in this country ?

Many thanks in advance !

Alan Campbell
Alan Campbell  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:51
Russian to English
Rate per 'virtual' page Jan 11, 2005

My client in Luxembourg pays me 32 Euros per page, where a page is equal to 1500 characters without spaces. I believe this is the same method used by the European institutions.

I agree it's less than transparent since there is no page as such. To calculate, take a character count, divide by 1500 and you're left with the number of pages.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

rates in luxembourg ?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »